These beef skewers are sweet-tangy marinated with Asian flavours and very easy to make. A fun and unique addition to any gathering! The steak marinade is simple and makes these sewers so amazing.
This version includes a sweet and savoury honey – garlic – mustered marinade and plenty of fresh vegetables. An easy dinner that can also be baked in the oven! Serve your beef skewers with my famous quinoa salad for a complete meal.
The recipe itself is very easy to make, it just takes a little bit of time to get everything threaded onto the skewers.
Asian beef skewersCourse: Main, AppetizersDifficulty: Easy
1-pound top sirloin steak cut into 1 ½ inch cubes
2 bell peppers cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
1 large red onion diced into chunks (about 1 1/4-inch)
2 small eggplants cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
2 small zucchinis cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
10-15 pieces of cherry tomatoes
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
2 tablespoons parsley chopped
FOR THE MARINADE:
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
1 ½ tablespoon soy sauce or coconut amino
1 teaspoon honey
1 ½ fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons Dijon mustar
3 pinches of ground pepper
- For the marinade whisk together all marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Place beef cubes in a bowl, pour the marinade over them and shake it to ensure all the beef is coated in the marinade.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for at least one hour to marinate.
- Sprinkle veggies evenly with garlic powder and season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the skewers layer steak and veggies onto skewers in desired order.
- Heat your grill to medium heat.
- Add skewers to the hot grill, turning in every 1-2 minutes to cook all sides evenly.
- Place on a serving platter. Sprinkle them with sesame seeds and parsley.