Create party-worthy canapes with smoked salmon and savoury horseradish cream. Easy to make and it is also perfect as a decadent appetizer for any celebration.
Smoked salmon gets a delicious treatment when paired with a creamy horseradish sauce with tangy capers. The delicate salmon slices will practically melt on your tongue with the twist of delicious horseradish cream, which enhances the taste of the fresh cucumber.
Salmon Canapes with Horseradish CreamCourse: AppetizersDifficulty: Easy
1 English cucumber cut into slices
100 g smoked or cured salmon cut into thin strips
For the cream:
70 g horseradish cream (dairy free)
100 ml Coconut cream
50 g melted coconut oil
2 pinches of psyllium husk
1 pinch of salt
2 teaspoons capers
1 teaspoon nigella seed
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Whisk together the ingredients of the cream and put it in the fridge to cool for minimum 30 minutes.
- Arrange cucumber rounds in a single layer on a serving tray.
- Spoon 1/4 teaspoon sour cream mixture on each cucumber slice.
- Place a piece of salmon on each.
- Put some capers and sprinkle with chopped chives and nigella seed on top.