Chocolate chip cookies are my addiction. I found this recipe for the best chocolate chip cookies on Rachel’s Bakerita webpage and I upgraded it, and now I want to share it with all of you. They are soft yet chewy and the best healthy version of a classic cookie!
The recipe is formulated so the dough doesn’t require refrigeration before baking. But you can definitely freeze the dough if you want to bake the cookies on another day.
Chocolate chip cookiesCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
75 g almond flour
75 g tapioca flour
2 pinches of baking soda or baking powder
2 pinches of vanilla powder
2 eggs’ yolk
1 tbsp warm water
95 g coconut sugar or sweetener of choice
90 g melted coconut oil or ghee
50 g chocolate chips
- In a bowl mix together the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, and vanilla powder. Set the bowl aside.
- In a large bowl beat egg yolks and hot water till creamy then gradually add the sugar and then the coconut oil. Beat it until it is thick and pale.
- Fold in the flour mixture slowly till combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and quickly mix them into the dough.
- Set aside and let it rest for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175°C).
- Use a spoon or a cookie scoop to drop mounds of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake them for 8 to 10 minutes. Until they are light brown around the edges.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and transfer them to a cooling rack.
- These chocolate chip cookies keep well in an airtight container for days after baking.