My all-time favorite flavors are vanilla, hazelnut, and caramel. And NOW with this incredibly scrumptious chia pudding, I can enjoy the combination of my three favorite flavors together.
Topped with luscious peach, creamy caramels, and comforting chocolate, I am sure this selection will make your sweet tooth happy.
You’re going to love this healthy vegan, gluten-free treat—enjoy as a snack, dessert or breakfast. Furthermore, you can make individual servings of chia pudding today, and enjoy them for the rest of the week.
Layered chia puddingCourse: Dessert, BreakfastDifficulty: Medium
FOR THE HAZELNUT LAYER:
2/3 cup vegan chocolate bar or chips (100 g)
2 tbsp coconut oil (40 g)
2 tbsp hazelnut butter
2/3 cup coconut cream (150 ml)
FOR THE VANILLA LAYER:
1 can coconut cream (400 ml/14 oz)
2,5 tbsp chia seed
1 tbsp honey or coconut sugar
2-3 pinches of vanilla powder
FOR THE CARAMEL LAYER:
3 peaches (halved, pitted, and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick wedges)
1 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp coconut sugar
2 tbsp coconut cream
1 pinch of salt
- Mix the chia seeds, coconut cream, honey, and vanilla in a bowl. Allow chilling in the fridge for around 1 hour.
- While the mixture is chilling, prepare the hazelnut layer. Place the chocolate, coconut oil, and hazelnut butter in a small pot. Heat it over on very low heat stirring frequently.
- When the chocolate is melted, remove from the heat and add the coconut cream and mix well.
- Fill the small jars with the melted hazelnut chocolate until 1/4.
- Allow chilling until the chia pudding is ready.
- Then evenly distribute the vanilla-chia layer on the top of the chilled chocolate layer into the small jars and put them back into the fridge.
- Melt the coconut sugar in a pan with the coconut oil, and the coconut cream until the sugar dissolved and the mixture has thickened.
- Add the peach wedges and sauté for a few minutes, shaking the pan to coat the peaches in the caramel.
- When the caramel sauce is cooled to room temperature, spoon it on top of the vanilla layer of the pudding.