These Homemade Bounty Bars are incredibly easy to make and only require 6 ingredients! It is refined sugar-free, vegan, paleo, and low in fructose. A delicious and healthy replacement for the Bounty chocolate bar.
I love making tidbits like these Bounty Bars from scratch. It tastes way better and you know exactly what goes into it. I used simple ingredients, so it is very easy to make, plus it tastes better than the original but without all of those unhealthy ingredients.
I prefer to use freshly grated coconut in this recipe. I promise you will be surprised by the moist and deliciousness of the coconut filling which is covered in a thick dark chocolate coating.
Here in Dubai, you can buy a freshly grated coconut from almost any supermarket. I prefer to buy from Barakat as it tastes always great and you can be sure of the freshness of it. Plus, Barakat has home delivery too.
HEALTHY HOMEMADE BOUNTYCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
FOR THE FILLING:
120 g freshly grated coconut
45 g coconut butter (melted)
10 g coconut oil (melted)
30 g rice syrup or tapioca syrup
2 pinches of vanilla powder
FOR THE CHOCOLATE COATING::
150 g dark chocolate (I used: So free -Organic dark chocolate)
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Mix together the freshly grated coconut, coconut butter, coconut oil, rice syrup, and vanilla.
- Press the mixture into a silicone mold, or alternatively, you can use your hands to shape the mixture into bars.
- Place them into the freezer for a minimum of 1 hour to set.
- Cut or break the chocolate into smaller chunks.
- Add a tablespoon of coconut oil and melt the chocolate on medium power in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until smooth and creamy. Or you can use a bain-marie.
- Remove the balls from the freezer and carefully dip each bar into the melted chocolate and place on a baking paper-lined board.
- Place the bars in the freezer to set for another 20 minutes before eating.
- The bounty bars will keep in the fridge for up to 4-5 days in an airtight container or in the freezer for up to 3 weeks.