This Creamy Cauliflower Hummus recipe is made without chickpeas, yet tastes almost exactly the same as authentic hummus. It’s a low-carb, paleo, keto, Whole30 hummus recipe you can fall in love with. This is also a perfect recipe for an appetizer for a party!
Hummus is traditionally made with chickpeas, but unfortunately, if you can’t tolerate legumes like me, then this chickpea free version of hummus is just for you!
Changing the high carb chickpea for cauliflower is the perfect solution to turn the higher carb traditional hummus into a lower carb option. The cauliflower textures once cooked and mashed, are quite similar to the chickpea and no one will notice the difference in flavor.
I have to say right now, I am a real addict of it, I just can’t stop eating it.
CAULIFLOWER HUMMUS WITH PARSLEY AND ROASTED GARLICCourse: Snacks, AppetizersDifficulty: Easy
1 head of garlic
2 tsp coconut oil or olive oil
1 medium head cauliflower (about 500 g) steamed
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil (120 ml)
juice from 1 lemon (about 3 tbsp)
2 tbsp water, or more for desired consistency
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
1/4 tsp salt
½ handful parsley chopped (optional)
2 pinches of sumac to garnish (optional)
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (205°c).
- Prepare squares of parchment paper and aluminium foil large enough to wrap the head of the garlic.
- Cut off the top of the cloves (about 1/4-inch) so that you can see inside the individual cloves of garlic.
- Wrap up the garlic in the parchment, crumpling the paper at the top to create a pouch. Secure the pouch with the layer of foil, wrapping it around the parchment to create a sealed pouch.
- Roast it in the hot oven for 30-40 minutes until the cloves are soft and tender.
- Let it cool and remove the roasted cloves by pulling the head apart, clove by clove, then gently squeezing each clove casing.
- Transfer the steamed cauliflower to a food processor. Add the roasted garlic, olive oil, water, lemon juice, salt. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Allow the cauliflower hummus to cool then pour to a serving bowl and garnish with parsley and sumac or any of your favorite toppings.