Looking for a latte full of antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, and natural energy sources? Learn how to make a delicious and healthy super-food coffee latte— plus learn all the health benefits of sipping on this velvety drink.
Collagen is the most plentiful protein in the body. It has important roles, including providing structure to your skin and helping your blood clot. They may also help increase muscle mass, prevent bone loss, and relieve joint pain. Did you know, that collagen falls apart at temperatures above body temperature, turning it into plain gelatin? When added to hot coffee, for example—collagen’s molecular structure melts, diminishing, or even negating the desired health benefits. So put your daily collagen into this Creamy Coffe Latte instead of your hot coffee.
Maca is a caffeine-free, plant-based superfood. A vegetable that has been grown and cultivated as a root crop for at least 2,000 years. Used both nutritionally and medicinally. Maca grows wild in Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, and Argentina. Maca contributes to overall well-being, it can balance hormone levels, boost energy, and support a healthy libido. This versatile adaptogen herb helps the body adapt and deal with different stressors so you can live a well-balanced life. Maca Root is a nutritional powerhouse, providing key macro and micronutrients, and unique plant compounds to support an active human body. Maca powder is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, copper, zinc, calcium, and iron. It contains all eight essential amino acids and plenty of phytonutrients.
Psyllium husks are a form of fiber that comes from the husks of psyllium seeds of the Asian Plantago plant genus. The husks can be ground into a powder and provide a rich source of soluble fiber.
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Boosts satiety and aid weight loss
- Improves heart health
- Promotes natural bowel movements
- Lowers cholesterol levels
Some call it one of the most powerful plant foods on the planet. There’s some evidence it may help reduce your risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke, and diabetes. Like other plant-based foods, flaxseed is rich in antioxidants. These can help prevent disease by removing molecules called free radicals from the body. Just one tablespoon provides a good amount of protein, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids, in addition to being a rich source of some vitamins and minerals.
- Lowers blood pressure
- Fights tumors
- Lifts your mood
- Slashes your risk of liver disease
- Keeps your cholesterol in check
- Blocks cancer cell formation
Chicory root is commonly used as a coffee substitute and believe it or not, chicory coffee really is good with all the benefits of a good cleansing herb.
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties
- Can protect the liver against toxins
- Feeds and promotes the growth of healthy probiotic bacteria in our guts.
Almonds have been studied extensively for their benefits on heart health, diabetes, and weight management. The unique nutrient combination of almonds — plant-based protein, fiber, and monounsaturated fats, plus important nutrients like vitamin E and magnesium — help make them a heart-healthy food.
Contrary to the popular belief that it can make you gain fat, a considerable amount of cashews in your diet can provide you with many health benefits:
- Heart Health.
- Prevents Blood Disease.
- Protects the Eye.
- Good for the Skin.
- Weight Loss.
- Source of Dietary Fibres.
- Healthy and Shiny Hair.
MY SECRET CREAMY COFFEE LATTECourse: Drinks, BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
1 tsp instant chicory coffee or instant coffee
1 tsp collagen powder
½ tsp maca powder
1 tsp almond or cashew butter
1 pinch of psyllium husk
1 pinch of flaxseed meal
¾ cup almond or coconut milk (170 ml)
1-2 tsp sweetener of choice (optional)
1 pinch of cinnamon or cocoa powder (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend for 30-45 seconds.
- Then let it rest for 1 minute until it gets the creamy smooth texture.
- Taste test to see if you prefer more sweetener.
- Transfer into a cup or glass. Refrigerate until cold, or pour over ice if you prefer an ice coffee latte. (If you find that ice cubes dilute the taste of coffee, you can make special coffee ice cubes by pouring fresh coffee into ice cube trays!)
- Sprinkle with cinnamon or cocoa powder.
- Drink it and conquer the day!!!