You can use them to make ice cream sandwiches, cover them with almond butter, or just eat them out of the bag.
These crackers will remind you of a graham cracker, but without all the added guilt!
CRUNCHY GRAHAM CRACKERSCourse: Dessert, SnacksDifficulty: Easy
1 tbsp golden flaxseed meal (6 g)
6 tbsp water (90 ml)
2,5 tbsp shredded coconut (15 g)
½ cup coconut flour (65 g)
½ cup and 1 tbsp tapioca flour (65 g)
7 tbsp almond meal (45 g)
8 tbsp coconut sugar (75 g)
1 pinch of salt
2 pinches of baking soda
7 tbsp melted coconut oil (100 ml)
- Add flaxseed meal and water to a dish and stir. Let rest for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, whisk the shredded coconut, coconut flour, tapioca flour almond meal, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the coconut oil to the flaxseed mixture and stir well.
- Then add the flaxseed mixture to the dry ingredients stirring until blended into a cohesive dough (you can also do this in a food processor).
- Cover the bowl and chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 320ºF (160°C) and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Transfer the chilled dough to a large sheet of parchment paper; top with the second sheet of parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to 1/8-inch thickness. (not too thin).
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut into 2.5-inch squares; transfer squares to the prepared sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, until golden brown (they will still look slightly soft–will harden as they cool).
- Allow the crackers to cool completely on a wire rack, about 30 minutes. Store in an airtight container.