SUGAR-FREE, NUT-FREE, EGG-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN PALEO!!
They are super easy to make, and the outsides of the waffles are crispy, while the insides stay soft and fluffy. And the bonus; you could put the batter in the freezer as well!
Loaded with healthy ingredients; tiger nut flour, coconut flour, flaxseed, and coconut oil. They are perfect for breakfast to fill you with energy for an eventful day.
Try them with my Homemade Raspberry Chia Jam I bet after you taste them, you will get up early on the weekend because you will be craving them!
Did you know, that tiger nuts, also known as chufa, yellow nutsedge, or earth almonds, are not actually nuts, but rather edible tubers? Tiger nuts were one of the first plants cultivated in Egypt and traditionally used as both food and medicine.
They’re rich in a variety of nutrients and have been linked to several health benefits — ranging from better digestion to a reduced risk of heart disease.
They’re the size of a chickpea but wrinkly with a chewy texture and sweet nutty flavor. *
EASY CRISPY WAFFLECourse: Breakfast, DessertDifficulty: Easy
1 ¼ cup+2 tbsp tiger nut flour (170 g)
2,5 tbsp coconut flour (20 g)
1 cup tapioca flour (120 g)
4,5 tbsp golden flaxseed meal (30 g)
2 pinches of baking soda (2 g)
¾ cup water (140 ml)
1 ¼ cup coconut milk (280 ml)
6,5 tbsp melted coconut oil (75 g)
- Preheat the waffle iron to medium-high.
- Whisk together the tiger nut, coconut, tapioca flour, flaxseed meal, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- In another bowl or jug whisk together the coconut milk, water, and melted coconut oil.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and stir until smooth.
- Let the batter rest for 30 minutes on at room temperature.
- Fill each compartment almost completely, and spread the batter to the edges.
- Close the lid and cook until the waffles are golden brown and crisp.
[…] via EASY CRISPY WAFFLE — […]