This gluten-free, vegan Chocolate Birthday Cake with Strawberry Cream is sure to be a hit with party-goers from 1 to 100! Rich, moist, and full of flavor…plus you don’t need to be a professional chef to make it!
Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free, Vegan, Paleo
STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE CAKECourse: DessertDifficulty: Moderate
FOR THE CAKE:
30 g coconut flour
40 g tapioca flour
40 g almond flour
10 g cocoa powder unsweetened
15 g flax seed meal
4 g psyllium husk
15 g chia seed
3 g sodium bicarbonate
45 g coconut oil melted
160 ml water
100 g coconut sugar
FOR THE CREAM:
400 g strawberry
400 ml coconut cream full fat
50 ml lemon juice
30 g cane sugar or erythritol
20 g agar-agar or gelatin
20 g melted coconut oil
FOR THE CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
10 g coconut sugar
60 g chocolate (dairy-free)
25 g coconut oil
60 ml coconut cream full fat
- Combine coconut flour, tapioca flour, almond flour, cocoa powder, flaxseed meal, psyllium husk, chia seed, and sodium bicarbonate.
- In another bowl mix the lukewarm water, coconut sugar, and melted coconut oil.
- Gradually add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and stir well. You can use a hand mixer too.
- Line a 7-inch (18-cm) cake tin with baking paper and pour the batter into it. It is important to let the dough rest for a minimum of 30 minutes!
- Preheat the oven to 320°F (160 ˚C) and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans and put in on a wire rack. Let it cool completely.
- During cooling, make the cream. Combine strawberries, coconut cream, cane sugar, agar-agar, lemon juice, and melted coconut oil in a deep bowl. Mix it with a stick mixer until well blended. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes on room temperature, so the gelatin thickens, but still stays runny.
- In the meantime, put the cooled sponge cake back in the tin.
- Pour the strawberry cream into the tin and refrigerate the cake for 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chocolate glaze. Place the chocolate, coconut sugar, and coconut oil in a small pot. Heat it over on very low heat stirring frequently.
- When the chocolate melted, add coconut cream and mix until smooth. Remove from heat and let it cool off a bit.
- When the cocoa glaze is cooled to room temperature, pour it on top of the cake, and spread it out.
- Refrigerate the cake for another 2 hours before cutting it.