This is an excellent, fast, no-bake, raw dessert, ideal for preparing together with kids. The best part of involving your children in the kitchen is if they help prepare it, they’re more likely to eat it.
This healthy treat is easy to make, and it contains just a few ingredients. It’s perfect for the warm summer days and they are also a healthy snack full of fiber!
You can enjoy the Chocolate Cherry Layered Chia Pudding for breakfast, but they make a great dessert or snack, too!
Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Vegan, Paleo
CHOCOLATE CHERRY LAYERED CHIA PUDDINGCourse: Dessert, BreakfastDifficulty: Moderate
1 can coconut cream (400 ml/14 oz)
2,5 tbsp chia seed
1 tbsp honey
2/3 cup vegan chocolate bar or chips (100 g)
1/4 cup almond milk (50 ml)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 1/2 cup fresh cherries (300 g)
- Mix together the chia seeds, coconut cream, and honey in a bowl. Allow chilling in the fridge for around 45 minutes.
- While the mixture is chilling, prepare the melted chocolate. Microwave the 3/4 of the chopped chocolate, almond milk, and coconut oil for 30 seconds on HIGH. Remove and stir. Repeat with 10-15-second blasts until most of the chocolate is melted.
- Remove from microwave and keep stirring until the residual heat melts the rest of the chocolate.
- Then pour up the small jars until ¼ with the melted chocolate.
- Allow chilling until the chia pudding is ready.
- For the cherry layer, simply blend the fresh seedless cherries. Optionally you can add 2 or 3 tablespoon coconut cream.
- To serve, evenly distribute the two layers on the top of the chilled chocolate into the small jars.
- Serve chilled with a few cherries and the ¼ of chopped chocolate on the top.
- You can store it in the fridge for up to two days.