Simple and fast way to turn weekend leftover into Monday lunch. School- and office-friendly!!
CAJUN CHICKEN WITH RICECourse: Main CourseDifficulty: Easy
2 tbsp olive oil
1 ½ cup diced fresh tomatoes
¼ cup zucchini shredded
1 tsp homemade Cajun seasoning
1 pinch of cumin
1 cup shredded chicken meat (roast leftover)
2 cup cooked rice
Salt to taste
1 handful cilantro leaves for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. You can use a non-stick skillet or stainless steel.
- Add olive oil and when the oil is hot, add the zucchini and tomato. Cook until they are soft and liquid is starting released from them.
- Add salt, cumin, and cajun seasoning and stir well.
- Add the cooked rice and chicken and stir until well combined.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle with the cilantro before serving.